Work Permit Options for IT Workers

What are Work Permit Options for IT Workers

With the rising demand in the Information Technology sector in Canada, more people from around the world are looking to migrate here. Canada has become a major IT hub in the world. The Global Talent Stream LMIA and Intra-Company Transferee are among the most popular programs for getting a Work Permit as an IT worker. As per your requirement, you can select the opportunity and then decide the type of work permit you want.

Global Talent Stream

Employers looking to hire exceptionally talented and qualified foreign professionals opt for the GTS program. This program introduces interested employers to a pool of eligible candidates. 

Intra-Company Transferee

With the Intra-Company Transferee program, international businesses and organizations can transfer employees to their branch or subsidiary in Canada.

Employees are required to have a temporary residence visa as they will be exempted from LMIA.

Following the position of employees are only eligible:

Executive – Employees in the managerial role or managing an important department.

Senior Managers – Managers of other managers and people in charge of managing every aspect of the business.

Functional Managers – Managers who work in managing functionalities and operations but not employees.

Specialized Knowledge – Employee with specialized expertise about the product and/or service of the company.

The 1- year temporary work permit of the Intra Company transfer can be renewed or extended when added requirements are met. You also need to check with your employer before applying.

Besides, the candidates must know that they can bring their spouse, partner or dependants along with them through intra-company transfer.

Most in-demand IT Jobs in Canada

If you are researching for the top jobs in IT, then these are the best options in Canada.

• Software Developers
• IT Project Managers
• Computer Programmers
• Computer Engineers

There are many other jobs as well but these are the best options for a successful career.