Canadian Visa Extensions
With a visitor visa, a foreign national is allowed to visit, work, or study in Canada with a temporary residence status. But it only allows you to stay for a limited period of time. In order to change the conditions of stay or extend the time, a Visa Extension is required. With a valid legal status in Canada, you can apply for a Visa Extension but you must be:
  • Visitor Visa holder
  • Study Permit holder
  • Work permit holder
Different Visa Extensions
Visitor Visa holder Visa Extension – Extend your limited period of stay of 6 months that comes with the Visitor Visa. The application must be submitted at least 30 days before the expiry of the Visitor Visa.
Study Permit holder Visa Extension – In order to extend Study Permit, the application has to be submitted to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) a minimum of 30 days before the expiry of the Study Permit.
Work Permit holder Visa Extension – An extension of the current Work Permit can be filed at least 30 days after the current permit. However, the validity period of the passport cannot be extended.