What is a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV Canada)?
The temporary resident visa Canada allows the candidate to stay temporarily in the nation. When you visit Canada on a Visitor Visa, the TRV Canada allows you to stay for a period of 6 months at max. After 6 months, the legal temporary status expires and one must leave Canada.
How to apply for Temporary Resident Visa (TRV Canada)?
People living in Canada as a visitor can apply for a visitor record that extends the period of stay in Canada. Although the visitor record is not a visitor visa, it’s a status document that has an extended expiry date
In order to avail of the Visitor Record for an extended stay, you must apply at least 30 days before the expiry of the Visitor Visa. Even if you belong to a visa-exempt country, you need to apply for the Visitor Record when you want to stay in Canada for more than 6 months. So, you will obtain the Temporary Resident Visa or TRV Canada status and you can stay for a limited period of time.
Canada Temporary Visa Eligibility
There are basic eligibility criteria that a candidate must fulfil for a TRV visa Canada:
- The primary applicant must be a minimum of 18 years old
- Certainly, have a valid government-issued passport or any authorized travel document
- The documents should be English or French
- Should have minimum funds for sponsoring the applicants stay
- Must give an interview and give basic information such as biometrics if needed
- Present valid copies to verify the current immigration status
- Should have the intention to stay in Canada for a temporary period. The applicant has to return back to their nation after the completion of their authorized stay
What is the processing time of a Temporary Resident Visa?
Obtaining a Canada Temporary Visa can take a few weeks or months. The candidate has to ensure that all the documents are submitted correctly for avoiding any delays.
Some Related Pages for You