The Super Visa is specially designed for the parents and grandparents of permanent residents or Canadian citizens.
People with Super Visa not only can visit Canada but can also stay as temporary residents in Canada for up to 2 years. Also, as the total validity of a Super Visa is about 10 years, it even allows re-entry within 10 years.
Who can get the Super Visa?
In order to get the Super Visa, one must apply for it from outside Canada. These are the following requirements to apply for a Super Visa
- Only parents or grandparents of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident can apply
- Requires an invitation letter from children or grandchildren with the following information
- Guaranteed financial support for the parents or grandparents for the period of stay.
- Total number of residents in the house.
- Permanent residency or Canadian citizenship document.
- A valid medical insurance that has a minimum coverage of $100,000 with proof of payment.
Added information for Super Visa
Individuals travelling from visa-exempt countries should apply for the Super Visa to enjoy an extended stay in Canada for up to 2 years.
Individuals entering Canada by air must require Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) along with the Super Visa.
The status of Super Visa can be extended if one applies for an extension at least 30 days before the current status expires. Parents or grandparents can stay in Canada under “implied status” after expiry
There is no specific processing time for Super Visa. It ranges according to the applicant’s country of residence.