Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) is an easy open work permit that can be applied by students graduating from DLI. With this work permit, students do not need to obtain Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)
Eligibility of the PGWP
To apply for PGWP, you must
- Be above 18 years old and must complete the selected fulltime course that has a duration of atleast 8 months
- Submit the application within 180 days of graduation.
- Hold an authorized temporary residence status in Canada
Requirements for the PGWP
Students can be eligible for a PGWP if the current study program qualifies the following
- Graduation from a trade/technical university or post-secondary school/college
- Belong from a private school with same requirements like a public school
- Must belong to a private institution who can legally issue degrees
- Belong to a post-secondary or private institution in Quebec that offers 900 hours or longer study programs. It must also lead to diplome d’ etudes professionelles (DEP) or attestation de specialisation professionnelle (ASP).
Validity of the PGWP is entirely dependent on the study program duration.
Some Related Pages for You