Talented and brilliant International students looking to fast-track the study permit process can avail the Student Direct Stream (SDS) study permit. Applicants from India, Pakistan, China, the Philippines, Morocco, Senegal and Vietnam are eligible for the SDS. Only students taking admission in a post-secondary institution can avail of the SDS.
If all eligibilities and admissibility obligations of IRPA and IRPR are met, SDS applications are processed by IRCC in a span of 20 days.
Eligibility for SDS
The eligibility requirements for SDS are stricter and you must have the following
- A letter of acceptance issued by a Designated Learning Institution (DIL) of Canada
- Clearance of a recent medical examination
- A Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of $10,000 or more
- A receipt of the first-year tuition fee payment
- A language test certificate or a Canadian high school certificate
Process for SDS
Proof of approval for a study permit in the form of a temporary resident visa and Point of Entry (POE) or a letter of introduction is required.
The POE will be issued by IRCC and needs to be submitted on arrival in Canada.
When an applicant applies through SDS, he/she can bring a spouse and/or dependent children and you can even stay for an extended period after completion of graduation.
Some Related Pages for You